Monday, January 25, 2010

The latest

Thank you everyone for your sympathy, especially Spencer and David, I could tell you were genuinely concerned with my "cankles" and it was the right foot Spencer in case you hadn't figured it out yet. This Saturday is the big race, ahh! My ankle held up great for my 20 mile run last week, as for the rest of my body- every muscle in my body was in pain, so it is going to hurt!Ever since Kamaile started riding her bike without training wheels last August she LOVES to ride her bike. Just recently I've been taking her on some runs with me. Sometimes me pushing the 2 girls in the stroller and her on her bike or just me and her go and Aaron meets us at a park somewhere with Emmy and Livy. When she committed to going on a long run with me (11 miles)and then actually followed through with it without a complaint I decided she had earned herself a bigger bike. Her poor little legs had to pedal so fast on that thing, so we got her a 16". Now she LOVES!!!! riding her bike even more.


Emmy suddenly decided to potty train herself, which is wonderful cause I wasn't feeling too motivated yet. One night she was doing her usual stall routine but this time added a new one saying she had to go potty. I totally didn't believe her but she insisted so I gave in and let her try and much to my surprise she went without even sitting there too long. We made such a fuss over it that the next day she didn't even need her diaper, she stayed dry all day! Wow! So it continued for 2 weeks now. She has had an accident or 2 but for the most part she is a potty pro!
The only problems now are she knows she gets her potty treats so somehow she manages to push little bits out at a time, averaging 10 pees and 6 poos a day, ya she is really working the system in more than 1 way. Problem 2 is this is how I find her many times. She gets naked then assumes this lovely position touching every square inch of the toilet, sometimes even with her mouth (ya gross, I know) and not just our toilet-every place we go. Ahhh! It gives me the willies just thinking about what she is touching and sucking. It gets worse-sometimes she'll suck her thumb right after or as I'm wiping her or getting her pants buttoned she'll touch my face all over. wahaoooaoa. Seriously I'm so grossed out by this whole new routine of ours. I've never been much of a germaphobe, but she has made me into a freaked out germaphobe when she uses the potty 16 times a day. Ok one more issue she is going to fall in one of these days since she insists on climbing onto the potty the back way and completely straddling the hole before sitting down. I just know she is going to put one foot in and down she'll go. Oh man that girl is not so lady like in the bathroom.

8 comments:

kerrbc said...

The potty training story was so funny I could hardly stop laughing - great story and great picture.
Congrats to Kamaile for her 11 mile bike ride - she is going to be just like her mother.

The Beards said...

Oh my gosh Jess that was hilartious!!!! And go girl Maile, I don't even think I would be up for an 11 mile bike ride!!!!

Britt said...

Jessie, that picture of Emmy sitting/laying on the toilet is priceless. Absolutely priceless. I laughed so hard...

Good luck on the run!!

Owner said...

Maile rocks, but we already knew that! And Emmy... I love her. She and Porter need to keep in touch until they're 16. They'd make such a great couple, right?

jenny said...

too funny!!!

Brooke said...

OH my! That pic on the toilet is so adorable!!! You have the cutest family Jessie! I love checking in on you!

Anonymous said...

What a cute story! How old is emmy?I can't get luke to potty train, he's two and a half..he absolutely wants nothing to do with it! Im getting so frustrated!
Also, good luck on the run! I miss our running days!It looks like you already have a new running buddy!;)

Anonymous said...

What are the chances you'll get caught i only add 120 friends or below a day :) BQ is there a myyearbook friend adder if so link?
__________________
[url=http://jail-break-ps3.blogspot.com/2010/12/jail-break-ps3.html]Jail break ps3[/url]