Emmy's hair just wasn't quite long enough for a who doo so this was the best we could do for her.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Emmy's hair just wasn't quite long enough for a who doo so this was the best we could do for her.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
For me I started running with this running group here in So Jo. It has been so great running with a group again. Theres over 20 in the group not everyone comes all the time but there always seems to be at least 10 of us. It is a hardcore group, snow, rain, freezing wind doesn't stop them from meeting at 6 a.m. Tues and Thurs. It has been so good for me because they do a lot of speed work mixed in with long pace runs. A lot of them do the "grand slam" every year ( for those like me who don't know what that is it's completing 4 marathons between April and Oct) so they don't mess around. I love it so much because it has got me up and running out in this cold weather, I can run in the dark and not be scared, and they are always running in different locations so I don't get bored with the same old route. To sum it up I'm loving this running group! Also, I'm excited that I'm adding a Saturday aerobics class, boot camp style, it should be fun. They finally, after 3 months, took the band off of kids with swim diapers going swimming, so we've been doing that on a regular basis. It is so fun now that Emmy actually enjoys swimming, she could just sit there and splash all day long. I've also loved decorating for Christmas this year and getting new ideas for decorations and gifts. And another new and exciting thing is I'm prego! Yeah! I just found out but I can't keep it in, so ya'll are the first to know.
As for Aaron he completed all of the interviews, drug tests, background, and everything on his part for the application process for the Border Patrol. Now we are just waiting to hear back. yikes! He thinks it could be as early as January that he would leave for training. We still can't decide were we want to go: Texas (El Paso) or Arizona (Uma or Tuscon??) Any suggestions?
The Maile situation is getting better, I have tried a few different techniques and at least now she stays in her room and plays until she falls asleep in her big girl bed, however that creates a new problem of her pulling out every possible thing in her drawers and boxes, its a complete disaster every time I go to get her! As for the potty thing I gave up on it again and probably won't pull it out for a while. And for all those who remember me as pee my pants girl those days are past, it has honestly been a long time, probably months or even years that I've had an incident so back off.
Emmy has finally figured out the walker so she loves cruisin around. The crawling is still a work in progress, but I think it won't be much longer, she isn't content just sitting playing with toys anymore.
And now if you've managed to make it to the end of this long blog, jokes about the prego thing! I just wanted to get a rise out of ya'll and I feel like this is kind of a boring post so just wanted to spice it up a bit. he he he! I wish I were but no luck yet! But we just found out that both my sister Jenni and sister in law Jenni are and I'm so excited for them. We'll keep on "trying". jokes I hate that phrase
Enjoying the beautiful weather in November - parks and flying kitesKamaile and her latest obsession - Prince Phillip. Ever since Aaron was Prince Phillip for Halloween she insists that she is a boy and wants to be Prince Phillip. She gets pretty worked up when I keep telling her she is a little girl, if she isn't a boy then she's either fa fa or a dragon. I don't know what her problem is with being a cute little girl but she hates the sound of that. Some of her latest sayings that I can't help but laugh at are "that's enough Mommy" if I start singing with her or doing something she doesn't like. Yesterday she got stuck between Emmys walker and the door for a minute and she said "oh crap". It may not seem that funny but I thought it was hilarious and made me realize that she picks up on everything I say.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, November 4, 2007
The annual Sorensen Halloween party, obviously we didn't manage to get all the kids and everyone there for the costume picture. Justin's costume was just one out of the 15 he modeled for us (I'm not kidding)
I don't know that I have ever bobbed for apples, but I always figured it would be pretty easy, especially after David got it in 3 seconds, I was sure I would beat him....nope! It took me over 30 seconds, it was honestly hard and I was ticked I didn't get it in 2 seconds. Aaron got really cocky while I was bobbing for apples, he said "let me show you how its done". Well, that didn't happen it took him double the time and probably triple the wetness, ha ha ha! He was up to his shoulders in the water. He did beat Jenni's time though, so maybe that counts for something.
Halloween party at Aunt Mary's
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Grandma and some of the grandkids
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
I felt like this picture captured the pure joy I felt during the dance, I was in the dance zone.
Here's a good picture of Aarons family. He's the youngest of 5, so all the siblings and their families were there except his mom. We were sad she couldn't make it, her dad passed away 2 weeks ago, so she's with her mom in Florida.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
I was a first timer to this pumpkin carving art, so they advised me to really scrape the inside out and make it thin where I would be carving.... and thin is exactly what I did. I went a little extreme with the thinness which took a whole lot of skill working under such conditions, but I managed despite the mockings I took for it. When my pumpkin was lit and lookin good John even attempted to accidentally roll mine off the counter cause he was so jealous with how it turned out. jokes!!
Everyone's pumpkins turned out so good, it was really fun to light them up, cause its hard to tell how good it will look until the light is behind it. If you leave a comment you've got to put in your vote for your favorite of the 4 pumpkins
Monday, September 24, 2007
3. Jenni and David also introduced me to Colbie Caillat, I feel like she is the girl version of Jack Johnson. She is my new favorite singer. Aaron got me her cd, Coco for our anniversary, so every night as I'm sewing I listen to it over and over in fact I'm even listening to her right now. Just watch her Bubbly music video once and you'll be hooked. If I knew how to do a playlist on my blog I would put it on - everyone has got to check her out.
4. BYU and Bingham football. I absolutely live for the football games each week. My brother Justin is the kicker for Bingham (my high school) and is having a phenominal season. He was the Deseret News athlete of the month and he broke the field goal state record a couple weeks ago and I can't even tell you how excited I was. I really get into the games, sometimes I feel embarrased for myself by how into them I get. We have yet to make it to a BYU game but with my family so involved I feel like I basically get a play by play recap just being around them during the week. Hopefully Justin can hook us up when he plays for them next year.
5. Peaches, Plums, tomatoes, squash, corn - the fall harvest. Even though we don't have a garden or fruit trees we have benefited from many others who do. I became too obsessed with the peaches and plums , my digestive system took it pretty hard at times, but I still just couldn't stop. Both Kamaile and I probably ate at least 10 peaches and probably the same of plums every day. We only gave away one of these boxes and managed to take care of the rest. I love peaches!!!
6. I've always been obsessed with cereal and probably will be for life. I have to have my nightly cereal treat before I go to bed. I try to limit it to one bowl, but then there's too much milk so I have to add a little more cereal and then I put too much, so I need more milk, it's a vicious cycle that I can't control. This past week all of my favorite cereals were on sale, so of course I stocked up on over 50 boxes. It is a major obsession that I just can't get enough of.
Aarons has his obsessions too:
1. Can't wait for season 4 of Lost to start (not until February) he thinks about it constantly and tries predicting what the next season holds. He loves watching clips from previous seasons just to keep it fresh in his head.
2. Checking out all the new movie trailers, he knows every movie that is out at any given time and what ratings they got.
3. Checking the mailbox a couple times a day
4. He would play ping pong all day every day if I was willing or if he could find someone else to.
5. Coming up with new career paths especially ones that will get us to Hawaii.
6. Buying and reading books, mostly church, historical, science, biographies. He loves learning through books, documentaries, tapes, or magazines.
7. Making family videos with all of our pictures and home videos for anniversaries, birthdays, new years. They are always really fun to watch.
1. Everything "hurts" I go to brush her hair or teeth and haven't even touched her yet and she says " hurts" or I go to pick her up from nursery or off of the playground when she doesn't want to come and she says " no, hurts" of course she says it plenty loud to get everyones attention.
2. "Fa Fa" (Maleficent) she talks about fa fa all day some moments she is "scarey fa fa", other times she's "nice fa fa" and sometimes she is even "funny fa fa". I think she is going to be fa fa for Halloween if I can figure out the costume.
3. Her "B" (binki) I don't know how I will ever break her of it.
4. Her birthday presents- little flinstone car and playset
5. Getting together with the cousins. I can never mention anything about the cousins before a nap or she will not go to sleep. She gets so excited to do anything with the cousins.
6. Singing - I have to sing 6 specific songs every night before she goes to bed and when she takes her nap. She sings gibberish all day long as she plays with her webbles and animals. One of her favorites to sing is Happy Birthday, she does this little routine with lining the webbles up to sing happy birthday to them on a regular basis, lots of times she'll put hats on each of them and won't start until everything is just the way she wants it. She was a little camera shy in this one, but I sure love the way she emphasis the "you" to make sure the webbles know she's singing to them.
7. I think this picture and her belly explains this obsession- she loves her food and has since day one.
8. Obsessed with sleeping with a ton of junk in her bed (includes about 10 stuffed animals/dolls, 4 blankets, fake spider, 2 balls, a million hair things, books, cars) I am constantly trying to get rid of some, but if she catches me or if she seems something in a different spot she immediately stops what she's doing and puts it back where it belongs. Because all the junk takes up her whole crib, she is never in a comfortable sleeping position.
4. she is now obsessed with sitting up.....yeah!
5. Dirty diapers