Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Kamaile!!!

Wow Kamaile turned 3 today!! CRAZY! It was so fun. Although, this was my first time throwing a birthday party and it made me realize just how great my mom was for not only letting me have birthday parties but I pretty much had parties for any other occasion I wanted to like Halloween, Valentines, Easter, or just cause I wanted one. So nice of my mom, cause this was a bit more work than I had planned on and it wasn't even big or extravagant. This was also one of those moments that you put a lot of effort into but forget to capture the moments, so we didn't get many great pictures, which sometimes is a huge reason why I want to put more effort into things cause I visualize the cute pictures, well these pictures will just be in my memory I guess.
So here it is my first attempt at a fancy cake. The cake lady on the how to video sure made it look a lot easier than it was. But, I must say I was pretty proud of it for the first 2 hours or so, but by the time it was ready for the party and pictures it was gradually getting lower and lower until it eventually did tip over. Oh well, Maile loved her princess cake, so I guess that makes it all worth it, right? We had a swimming party with her friends in the day then got her all fancied up in her new princess costume from Grandma to go our for a princess dinner date. She loves when Aaron takes us all on a dinner date to a restaurant, so she had fun looking like a princess for this one. Cute girls after church. My brothers friend made these adorable matching dresses.

Aaron's brother Spencer came down from Pheonix for the weekend. The girls sure had fun with him.

7 comments:

david said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAILE!!! we love you and miss you. come visit soon!

Margaret Vance said...

Wow Jess! I can't believe Kamaile is THREE! Wow, time flies... and the princess saga continues to thrive :). Looks like a lot of fun. Nia wants a cake like that for her next birthday. You did a real good job at it.

Allie said...

Great job on the cake. Looked great! Love the dresses your brother's 'friend' made! Adorable!

John and Erin said...

Jessie you're such a fun mom. Looks like Kamaile had a blast. I love the pics with the new dresses. You're girls look darling.

Brooke said...

Can the girls get any cuter seriously?! Happy Bday Maile.. great job on the party Jessie.. how did you even do that cake?!

Tacie Kerr said...

Happy (Belated!) Birthday Maile! Although, I was on the other end of the phone when the large crowd called to sing to you! Looks like a fun day -- and the cake was AWESOME.

the murdocks said...

Happy birthday maile! Jess way to go on the party...you rock at stuff like that. I wish I was more like that! Anyway, Emmy totally looks like you in thos pics...they are so stinking cute.