Sunday, July 24, 2011

Where to begin....

So I realize this was like 3 weeks ago, but I already had put these pictures on here just didn't have time to write anything before we left for Utah, so I figured I would share the hospital pictures anyway and then start on our vacation.
I know most of you heard the story, but here's a quick recap. I went past my due date like always so I was scheduled for an induction on July 1st (10 days past my due date) at 6 a.m. The thoughts of another induction kept me up so many nights those last couple days, so I got desperate and tried a million different self induction ideas. I finally had just accepted the fact that I was going to have to be induced. Aaron gave me a blessing that night and I prayed really hard before going to bed and about half hour later I started some intense contractions and they just kept coming so we headed for the hospital and an hour later we were holding Lucy!!! It was so fast and smooth. It was so fun being surprised, well I guess Aaron always said he thought it would be a girl and so did I until the last month or so when people were telling me it looked like I was carrying a boy and I got boy clothes and picked out a boy name, I just started feeling like that was what we would have, but surprise! Another girl, I should have figured. We were so thrilled, as much as I do eventually want some boys I love having 4 girls in a row - it will be so fun!!! Just more tea parties and makeovers!
At the time I didn't even realize how purple and discolored she was, I thought she was beautiful and couldn't even believe I was actually holding her and it was all over, but now looking at pictures she does look pretty scarey! The doctor said she was so discolored because her head got bruised from such a fast delivery and the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice.

Grandma Jill with little Lucy
We told my mom not to tell the girls if it was a boy or girl, so when they got to the hospital and saw the baby we asked them if they thought it was a boy or girl. They all agreed it was a boy. Ha ha they were wrong! As much as they said they wanted a brother, they were so excited about another girl.
This was the one I was most worried about. Livy has been so attached and difficult for the past couple months, so I was thinking this would be a really difficult transition for the both of us. Luckily she has been so great with Lucy, it is so cute to watch how concerned she is about her. I know they are going to be best little buddies.
Looking much better and ready to go home
Lucy and her 4 mommies
Aaron gets so many comments from everyone about his 4 girls, but he sure does love em.

4 comments:

Ellison's said...

Hey She is so cute!!! I"m so excited for you! There are 5 girls in my family and no brothers and my dad loved every minute of it!! We really need to get together while you are up here!!

thekerrclan said...

Love the pics!

Spencer said...

Super Cute!

Mark and Kelly's Blog said...

Ahhh! Olive, I am so, so happy for you. Your family is honestly beautiful and perfect. It freaks me out that you have four kids. In a good way.. You just seem like such a natural at being a mom. I too think that four girls in a row sounds like an absolute BLAST. I was always jealous of the Lewis girls having 3 in a row. So fun. Congrats.